Saturday, January 19, 2008

VLCD #3 - What's up Winners!

VLCD #3
Jennifer:
R2 LIW: 135.0
Yesterday: 139.2
Today: 137.6
Release: 1.6
+2.6 LIW

Ed:
R2 LIW: 239.0
Yesterday: 242.0
Today: 241.5
Release: 0.5
+2.5 LIW

The truth comes out! Ed was in shock at his small release today and he was kind of acting weird so I started to pry..."did you sneak something, what did you eat?" He got this funny ashamed look on his face and said "2 mini peanut butter cups!" This is a great lesson for him this early on. Ed likes to sneak little treats and test the limits so maybe this will help the next time he gets that little devil on his shoulder!

Yesterday's Menu:
B: coffee w/ stevia
L: bison burger (again) with grilled “aminos” onions, apple
D: crab, ½ cucumber, orange (Ed, grissini plus 2 sneaky mini pb cups)
2 L water, 1 c. tea

Have I mentioned yet how great it is to have Winners out there doing this
protocol? It’s even better when so many are doing p2 with us! Sometimes we feel so alone because it’s still so unheard of! I have learned –DO NOT TELL PEOPLE YOU ARE INJECTING YOURSELF…and especially don’t tell them what substance you are injecting! I had a friend ask one time “so where do you get your steroids” funny huh?! One of the hardest things for me has been watching the people I care about get bigger and Bigger and BIGGER! They are watching Ed and I lose weight…they say they want to lose weight…but...that’s it! We feel so grateful to have found this protocol and the "magic potion" and all of you!

I think I now know what Biz was talking about when she said that her R3 felt different! We feel the best we have felt yet on any rounds-I know it’s only VLCD 3 today but I feel so much more confident in the process of this protocol and so far-NO HUNGER! Maybe we loaded properly this time (ya’ think-lol)!

We will be spending time with family this weekend and we're going to try as best as possible to act like we are not “still on THAT diet” (that’s what they say). Whenever we get with them we happen to be on P2 and they like to pressure us “oh, you can have that" and “you’ll be back on it tomorrow, it’s okay.” It’s so annoying but I'll be strong...no matter what! Now Ed on the other hand...we'll see! It's interesting how it seems some people don't want you to succeed (I know you all know what I'm talkin' about)!

Thanks for the input on Sim-ee-ons, I'm now saying it right! Hope everyone has a great loooooong weekend, can’t wait to see all the stats! Any of you eat crab during P2?

7 comments:

applebottomblues said...

I get the same thing from my family. It gets worse when you're close to your goal. Then you get "You look fine. go ahead and eat that!" But I know you can handle it.

I haven't had crab yet, but I'm planning on it. I live in Maryland :)

applebottomblues said...

One more thing... you wanted to know about my orange dressing. It's actually a recipe from Tammy's cookbook & it wouldn't be right for me to give it out without getting her permission first.

If you don't already have it, you can get her cookbook here http://www.hcgrecipes.com/
There's a coupon on the hcg boards somewhere for a $15 discount as well.

maryg911 said...

Hey Ed & Jen, congrats on the losses even though Ed cheated!! It's funny that you mention about family. During our Christmas gathering no one noticed that I had lost 30 lbs., guess I shouldn't have worn the baggy sweats! Yes, I feel your pain about people trying to sabatoge your progress. I get the same thing at work about donuts and how I can have one but I get tough and walk away!! Hang in there, you guys are doing awesome!!

EweWho said...

I am much more optimistic myself this round, if that is possible. LOL My last round I knew I was heading in to Christmas with the family and would be in trouble. Even so, I'm glad I did it. I feel that if I hadn't, I'd be much higher on the scales than I am.

As for telling other people what I'm doing, I hear ya! Even though I'm doing sublingual so there are no shots, I just don't want to try to educate anyone who is probably going to just give me a hard time!

I can understand why people who are overweight don't want you to succeed. They are jealous. They want to be thin, but don't want to do the work it takes to get there. I'm ashamed to say I've been there myself. My SIL had gastric bypass about 4 years ago. Even though I was happy she was losing, I wanted to be thin too, but didn't want to do the work and part of me wanted the surgery to NOT work for her. I hate that I felt that way. I think part of it was my wanting to be thin, and part of it was because I'd heard so many bad things about gastric bypass. Sure enough, she is now gaining and can't seem to stop. She's gained about 50 pounds so far this year alone. She never changed her lifestyle and now it's too late because the surgery is not reversible.

Ed is so funny!

Good luck this weekend!

Becca said...

HaHa, at least he cheated with something good! I keep thinking about the doggie treats! LOL!
And crab, well, on my first P2 I tried to make a crab patty out of a recipe someone had posted and it was sooooo bad. I'm sure it was just me and the way I cooked it but yuck. So unless I can steam it and dip it in butter, I'll avoid it this time. I had some on P3 and totally pigged out!!! Let me know how you cook it and how it was. You might be able to make me change my mind if it works for you.

BizBuzz said...

GIRL! I have created a MONSTER! Look at your posts, there is just so much to comment on where do I start???

Ok, HA! on your hubby, serves him right. They are always wanting to cheat the system, and sometimes they can get away with it, but sometimes they get caught!

HA! on not telling people about the injections, geesh, you would think you were taking heroine the way they look at you!

HA! on your family! When you and Ed are skinny minnys and they aren't, you will be laughing all the way to the small and dainty store!

YOU GO GIRL!

Renee said...

Hey sweets!
I hear you on telling people you are injecting. I have one friend that always gets it confused with hgh and then we're off onto a never-ending discussion. To be honest, I never thought I would be injecting something once upon a time either.

On crab, I've eaten it on occasion but usually don't. It's way too high in sodium for me to really lose too well on it. It's too bad though because I LOVE crabby salad.

You're doing great!