Tuesday, January 29, 2008

VLCD #13- A good day to be bugged!

R3P2D13
Jennifer:
Yesterday: 128.4
Today: 128.6
Gain: 0.2
R3 Release: 13.4

Ed:
Yesterday: 235.0
Today: 235.8
Gain: 0.8
R3 Release: 11.0

Yesterday’s Menu:
B: nothing
L: grilled chicken, broccoli, 1/2 grapefruit
D: cheesy chicken onion soup
4 L water (Ed, 1.5 L)

Like why am I doing this to myself when I know I’m this close to my goal? Ed and I had several work appointments yesterday (see, I can “work” too) and one of the appointments we had was at…yep, a damn Mexican restaurant! I even cooked a meal to take with us so we wouldn’t be tempted to eat out-you can see that worked real well. The owner (who bought a sign from us) insisted we eat her famous cheesy onion soup. When she was on her way to get the soup I stated stressing about eating it and his response was “don’t worry about it, and plus she just bought a sign-don’t be rude and eat the soup!” We shared 1 bowl and Ed munched on some chips. As we were eating we started talking about our goals for this round and I expressed that I feel he is always tempting me and that I need him to support me more-this isn’t a party! Well the conversation got pretty interesting. Basically Ed feels I’m at the “perfect” weight right now and doesn’t think I need to lose anymore! Yes, that was a complement and I appreciated that but NO! I know where I want to be and I AM GOING TO GET THERE! It’s about ME and how I feel! I was frustrated with him and angry at myself for not just saying “no” to the soup and so to wake up and weigh myself just topped it off…so today VLCD 13 I’m officially bugged! I need to refocus, take responsibility for myself and stop the insanity! Another interesting thing is I had a gallon of water yesterday and hardly went pee all day so that didn’t help matters!

Oh well, its a new day! I’m still learning! This protocol is more of a mental challenge than anything else. I would have to say I have changed more on the inside since starting this protcol back in August than I have changed physically, I'm learning so much about myself.

As my Mama would always say: "it’s okay-stand up, brush off your knees, put a smile on your face and keep going!"

In response to yesterday’s comments:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Biz- Whaaaaa, today isn't the day for 127! Glad you got a good night's sleep and a loss-yay! Now you can't blame me for your "smaller loss" like yesterday!

Mary- You nailed it...he is trying to sabotage me-but no worries I AM IN CONTROL!

Monica- Thanks for your sweetness-I just love ya! So much for my "non salty Monday!" I'm going to (for the 3rd day) really have a "non salty day!"

CB- Yeah, how about none of us talk to Ed today...LOL!

Renee- The jager thing...I know! Ed was putting the crab in the freezer and found it. It's not something we ever have, he's just a freak!

"The Big C"- That was funny! Glad you'll be joining us on P2, my bet is on you girlfriend!

Becca- Of course I know Sponge Bob...that's why I said it! How tricky of your daughter, too bad the kids get older and don't fall for those "tricks" any longer! Little smarty pants!

Thanks for your support my friends! Ed is feeling bad and keeps saying "I'm not going to do that anymore, I'll support you, I'm sorry...." you know what I say-blah, blah, blah, blah and BLAH! I am in control of ME and I WILL GET TO MY GOAL! I'm almost there!

7 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Ok, time to get serious, I know you and I joke alot, but I am putting my mommy hat on now, so take it for what it is ok???

I have let you go and go to see how much you can test the limits and get away with it, but you see girlfriend, when you do that during the first week you can't help but recover because it's the FIRST WEEK. Don't do this to yourself.

DO NOT let ED dictate where you want to be. This is YOUR journey plain and simple. Ed is not in your head those moments before we go to sleep, those moments where we think about where we are in life and if there are things that can make it better. If you feel comfortable at a lower weight then you need to get there no matter what Ed says.

Sorry Ed, but these are the facts.

Jenn, step up to the plate. You have a goal - it's a reasonable goal. You can get there but you can't get there continuing to do what you are doing.

Men can be funny things sometimes. I am sure there is a worry on his part that you get skinnier and all the other guys will start looking more and he doesn't want the competition. I wish they would just understand sometimes that we CHOSE you to end up with, get over it and let me feel good about myself.

I know Ed means well, but again, he isn't living inside your psyche.

You were lucky Jenn. Only a .2 gain is nothing in the great scheme of things. Be prepared for another little stall to get over it. And from this day forward? Stick to the protocol. Even going out to eat doesn't have to be that hard ok??? You could have gotten a lettuce and tomato salad with a side of grilled chicken and sprinkled some salsa and been better off.

Ok, mommy hat off. I love ya girl, you are a bright spot in my day and one hell of an example that this can work, even this close to goal.

Wendy said...

Jennifer, you are so close to your goal, don't waver now! Stick with your guns and finish this thing!

Even a .2 gain isn't too bad for having CHEESE!!! Your body will recover, stick to the protocol and you will come out on top.

Freakin' men! What do they know about how you FEEL. HA! You are doing the right thing, "Brush yourself off and get the smile on for the next day!"

((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Alright, Ed, I'm talkin' to you. Yes, you have a total BABE for a wife. Even before she decided to lose weight. Her getting bikini skinny will make her even more babe-a-licious.Yes, men will look more, flirt more. It will be all the more fun for you when she responds by putting her hand on your a** and saying "sorry, boys, I got the best of the bunch right here". She's not staying with you because she's heavier than she wants to be. She's with you because she ADORES you, and pledged her life to you. Remember that. It's not like she's just looking to find a new stud to run away with!! She wants to feel happy in her own skin, and see the look in your eyes when you see her naked, with a totally hot body.

We women aren't as into our mate's looks as men are with women. We just want to know that our mate loves and appreciates and wants us. We need to know it every day. Think of how happy your wife will be when she has that with you, finally really loves her body, PLUS feels like your Trophy Wife!

Maybe you two can make a deal. Let her get down to her desired weight, then really objectively discuss it. Is she really too thin for your taste, do you like more curves? Or is it just fear of losing her? You can come to a mutually satisfactory place, I'm sure. As long as you keep talking. Which it sounds like you are.

And Jenn -- YOUR job is to let him know this every day, how much you are looking forward to him showing you off. How being skinnier in no way affects the love and commitment between you. How you can't wait to feel really good about yourself, AND feel his pride in knowing that this hot girl is all his! For good!

And both of you -- stop being so hard on yourselves. This protocol is as much about learning about our inner selves as it is about losing weight. You are both doing tremendously. The insight expressed in the conversation yesterday was invaluable. Kudos to both of you.

Alright, enough lecturing on my part. Who am I to talk? I can't even kick this stupid flu to the curb to start my next round of P2 -- be sure to bitch-slap me when I get whiny and need it!

BizBuzz said...

OMG, I should have let Lili comment first. She just made me cry 'cause she about said it all. WORD UP LILI!!!! YOU RAWK!

Anonymous said...

Awww, biz, I think we covered all the angles together!

Kefir ROCKS!!! On my skincare formulating board we got all homemade-kefir crazy, applying it to our faces -- oh, us formulators are a wacky bunch. Here's a description of what kefir is:

http://www.kefir.net/kefiryogurt.htm

You pour it in a glass and it's like drinking a thick milkshake. My fav brand is helios with FOS --

http://www.organicconsumers.org/sponsors/helios/

But other healthfood store brands are just as good. My daughter and I both are really into the peach flavor right now.

Don't make it yourself -- it may be good for your skin, but tastes like vomit!!!

We like to have a glass of it firs thing in the morning.

Renee said...

Big love to you, Jenn. You'll wrap your head around this soon enough and get your ass in gear to get to your goal. You CAN do it, and you will.

Now, if I have to come kidnap you for a while to get you out of Ed's bad influences I will sure as hell do it! Besides, I'm never one to argue for a fun girls weekend. HA!

Good vibes to you, sweets.

maryg911 said...

Yes, REFOCUS, stop acting like me, ha!!!