Tuesday, January 22, 2008

VLCD #6- Back to Business!

R3P2D6
Jennifer:
R2 LIW: 135.0
Yesterday: 135.2
Today: 133.4
Release: 1.8
R3 Release: 8.6

Ed:
R2 LIW: 239.0
Yesterday: 243.4
Today: 243.2
Release: 0.2
R3 Release: 3.6
+4.2 LIW

What?! I didn't expect that much of a loss-this is exactly where I was at on R1...8 lbs gone for me, and Ed-he was down 11 lbs by now! This is the first round where I'm ahead of him and it feels goooood! I've had to deal with him for the past 2 rounds rubbing it in that he's always losing more than me so it's payback! I think he is starting to recover from the "incident" and wasn't that mad when he stepped on the scale-he said "better than a gain"...an improvement in attitude because on previous rounds if he didn't lose like a pound a day he would be cursing at the scale!

Yesterday was such a busy day for us-we weren't home all day so I grabbed us both a SlimFast (low carb, high protein), an apple and some leftover chicken. That is all we had all day(plus 3 L of water). The SlimFast is there for us "in case of emergency." I have not had them on previous rounds but have heard people have done great with protein shakes. I'm a natural, organic freak and don't like the ingredients in SlimFast BUT I did find a really great protein shake online that is made with egg white protein and stevia. It's an all natural, high protein powder-I ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet! If you're curious here is the link: http://www.jayrobb.com/jayRobbProtein.asp

Now, I know why you all post the responses to your previous days comments on your blog page-waaay easier! I'm going to start responding the same way, so here we go-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Becca- Yes, Ed is learning...and look who is beating who? Poor fella...still only a loss of 0.2 today, your right that is what he gets for tempting me :) He knows we can't do a steak day, but he thinks it's the best thing! When we are on P3 he always asks "can we do a steak day" (even when we aren't over our LIW) he loves them! He gets confused sometimes though, even yesterday he said "we can have cheese right?" Ed, what the?! NO STEAK DAY and NO CHEESE! Weird-o!

Mary- Protocoland...that's so funny! Hey maybe I'm onto something with the beer...let me know if you need more "detailed instructions" on the beer diet-LOL!

Wendy- Thanks for the visit! I have enjoyed reading your blog and I relate to you so much! Yeah, I'm glad I didn't go crazy with the food, I thought the beer was bad enough-I like to think of myself as a "good-bad girl" hee, hee! How is your hubby doin? Cheaters....

Biz- Stop...what is with these beer drinkin' fools? Ed read your comment and said "see, we can have beer"...he needs NO encouragement! Once again....MEN!

EweWho- You know what's crazy? It wasn't even hard to pass up on those chips-this HCG is magical, I'm not even hungry! Yes, I keep track of the deviations, that's funny huh?! Oh, yeah and Ed did cheat on his first day so he totally broke the record! Thanks for always cheering me on!

Renee- Yes, beer and Mexican do go hand in hand. Ya know I think Biz is right-as long as we stay under the 500 cal. maybe we can have some alcohol every now and then....even in P2 (oops did I just write that)?! I'm NOT encouraging it but even on P3 as long as I ate very little carbs I could drink wine with no gain!

Thanks for all the comments, ya'll crack me up! Have a great day my friends!

11 comments:

maryg911 said...

Sorry about protocoland, there should have been a space between the l and the a, but that is funny. Congrats on that huge loss. the Slimfast is it the Optima or just regular? Just curious.

BizBuzz said...

HA! Way to go girlfriend! Keep him humble! Tell him to wise up about the beer, it's NOT an option!

I am going to spend some time on the the "eating 500 cals" thing ... it should prove to be interesting!

Wendy said...

Helllloooo again missy!! Looks like you are kickin serious A**!!! Don't you just love loosing more than Ed? Sorry Ed.

Keep up the losses.. I am sorry for not posting my goal to you... It is 120 lbs. Which is really the HIGH range for my height. As you probably already know. (o:

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm late on climbing aboard on THIS train.... love your blog! Slimfast always makes my blood sugar go wacky, but maybe it would be different on HCG. I getting ready to do PsR3, and did find that if I strayed once in awhile from the prescribed menu, as long as I kept my calorie count low I didn't suffer consequences. Like you said, that needs to be the exception to the rule, but... well, we are mere mortals :)

Crystal Lee said...

Hey girlie girl! Kick his tail! LOL Kidding Ed.....I am happy for your loss too. :) You guys are doing well and proud of you both.

Oh and beer is a no-no....no matter what Biz says. LOL Okay kidding again....Biz helps me stay on track man. She just loves her beer. :D

Oh and I am starting my P2 next week....so excited!!!! :)

Unknown said...

You guys crack me up! I always enjoy reading your blog. Hey Ed, you're letting us guys down here--we can't let the women win, can we?

Marshall

Renee said...

There you go again with another fantastic loss! Keep on keepin' on! We have to keep Ed nipping at your heels all the way. ;)

I'm definitely going to have to check out Jay Robb's. Thanks for the recommendation. I tried a whey protein powder and it did nothing good for me. Of course, that was R2 and maybe it was something else along the way. That whole round was wacky. :) I might try it again, if there comes a day when I'm not wanting to munch. Those slimfasts would be convenient as well for when I'm stuck in meetings or class. I'll have to check them out.

More big losses for you both tomorrow!

beachbrights said...

Your losses are terrific and as far as your husband, Ha! You go girl! Thanks for starting a blog, I just love the layout (& content!). Thanks for sharing, I am enjoying reading everyday.

Keep it going....almost bikini time!

applebottomblues said...

Wow... what a great loss. Both of you are doing so well. I like the idea of having a protein shake around for emergencies. Thanks for the link.

You guys really made me feel less anxious about going out to eat. It doesn't have to be so scary.

Becca said...

Cheese, Beer, Steak days??!!! OMG I was just laughing out loud when I'm reading it cuz I can picture Ed leaning over your shoulder saying "see we can have beer"! And you just going "WEIRDO"!
I think you are totally hilarious and I love that I actually made YOU laugh with the R2P2 Star Wars robot remark. BTW I also have that stuck in my head every time I type it now too...

Becca said...

Oh wait, I also have to say that I love the new word Mary made up, "protocoland". It's like a wonderful secret country where only the priviledged get to go, but if you go there and follow the rules of the country you will come back home as a slim beautiful new you!