Thursday, January 24, 2008

VLCD #8 - Testin' the limits...

R3P2D8
Jennifer:
R2 LIW: 135.0
Yesterday: 132.2
Today: 130.2
Release: 2.0
R3 Release: 11.8

Ed:
R2 LIW: 239.0
Yesterday: 239.6
Today: 238.0
Release: 1.6
R3 Release: 8.8
(Only took him 8 days but he is now UNDER his LIW)

Yesterday’s Menu:
B: nothing
L: nothing
D: 2 glasses of Merlot, 91/9 organic grilled hamburger (Ed, grissini)
2 L water

I mean we have to be honest right?! This blog is for us and if we lie aren't we just lying to ourselves? With that being said- I gotta take the blame for this one! TOM unexpectedly showed up yesterday! I've been reading how people are having some interesting TOM issues and then out of nowhere...here mine comes! I wasn't feeling too great yesterday, not wanting to eat, nothing sounding good so I didn't eat! It wasn't on purpose I was just listening to my body. Ed had appointments all day and didn't eat either. At about 5 pm I got to thinkin' "hmmm, wine....do I dare" knowing what his answer would be I called Ed, his answer "Hell Yeah" (of coarse)! He walked in the door with a bottle of wine and roses....sweet huh?! After one glass we were both like "wow"... it didn't take much!

So my loss today I'm sure is a combo of less cals and TOM arriving! I always lose good once it arrives. We probably sound like a couple of "lushes" don't we?! I don't really know what got into me but this whole thing has got me thinking....can you be a bit "devious" as long as there is no sugar/starch and you stay under 500 cal? I think we may continue to test this theory!

The best part is I stepped on the scale this morning and the first reading said 126.6-WHAT?! I stepped on it again....oh, 130.2...still shocking! 3 more times, still 130.2-I'll take it! Whoooop there it is!

Onto yesterday's comments:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Biz- Ed is doing another round and said "game on" probably because of the 1 beer a day. Thanks for everything Biz! The ginger dressing, that's yours girlfriend-WE LOVE IT!

Monica- Thank you for checking on us everyday...can't wait to see if your stall is over!

Mary- Another encourager...thank you! Yes, there is defiantly some competition going on-it's so fun that way especially when I'm winning-oh yeah!

EweWho- You are the one that's the cheerleader-thanks for always being there for me! Ed is lots of fun...he said he'll post once a week (oh, thanks honey for gracing us with your presence) LOL!

Renee- I know, I can't believe I'm almost to the 120's hopefully tomorrow I'll be seeing #2 on the scale (120 was the weight I was at when I met Ed)! Thanks as always for checking on us!

Crystal- Ed read your comment last night (while drinking his wine) saying-"yeah Captain" he was laughin' at your post!

Becca- We read your post this morning and we were laughing sooo hard just at the thought of him in a speedo! It's so funny because I told him that I was going to post our "before & after" pics and that I was going to use the ones with his shirt off (I was kidding) but he was like "no, don't" I said if I have to have my butt posted you can show your gut...he won! Hence his nice, clothed pic! I can't stop laughing! Men, no matter how fit they are really should not wear a speedo! I may purposely lose if that was the bet! Oh yeah he said "tell those ladies to stop fantasizing about me" ROFL!

Time to publish this puppy! Can't wait to see how all my buddies are doing! Have a good one-it's almost Friday!

6 comments:

BizBuzz said...

OMFG! You two are way too funny! Shoot, I am mad at BOTH of you now, I wanted to test the theory first, you know, that selfish streak in me! ROFL

WINE???? Ask ED if he is a pansy drinking wine??? What a girly man (said in my best Hans and Frans from SNL voice)!!!

I am way too nervous to try anything new this round, as I am going to California on the 20th and I want the most bang for the buck on this round. But on my 5th round I was really going to experiment. HA! You two, I could just SLAP the both of you!

Ok, I am gonna go sulk in my corner, I don't know how long I will be, but just know that you did this to me....

;)

maryg911 said...

I'm in line behind Biz to slap the both of you!! Wow, look at both of go!! I want to try the alcohol protocol!! Haaaa!

EweWho said...

Oh, what a funny post! No wonder I check your blog about 3 times a day to see if you've written anything new!!

I love the new pictures. I'm happy you finally got them big enough where I can see your face. You are BEAUTIFUL! Ed is "okay" (snicker, snicker, I hope he is reading this.)

Nah, you're an adorable couple. Ed really looks like he is a lot of fun and he looks mighty pleased with himself in his progress picture.

applebottomblues said...

What a cute couple you two are!

Wine??!! huh! This is my first P2. No way can I try that one. You sure have found what doesn't NOT work for you... Does that make sense? It's so much fun reading your blog everyday.

Becca said...

I can definitely see a trend here. And I think I'm fine just watching from a distance. Drinking alcohol always makes me want to eat MORE so no way am I going there. So I'll live vicariously through your blog.
But you know the speedo thing, I actually dated a guy who wore a speedo for a while. And it lasted until I actually went on a trip with him to hawaii and he WORE it! EEWWWW! I had to go buy him a presentable swimsuit before I'd go to the beach with him! So it's all about the humiliation factor, Ed. But if you end up with a (six-pack and I don't mean of beer) when this is all over, we may have to bribe Jen to get a candid photo of you in your boxers or something! HAHA...

Anonymous said...

I pushed the envelope a few times on P2 with a gin & tonic -- I found I always lost the next day, but then stalled -- alcohol dehydrates you and creates a false loss. I could get away with it once in awhile, but I think if I did it regularly it would really bite me in the butt -- it has so many calories!! I'll be interested to see what your results are this morning.