Friday, January 18, 2008

VLCD #2 - What about Exercise?

VLCD #2
Jennifer:
R2 LIW: 135.0
Yesterday: 142.0
Today: 139.2
Release: -2.8
+4.2 LIW

Ed:
R2 LIW: 239.0
Yesterday: 246.8
Today: 242.0
Release: -4.8
+3.0 LIW

Do you see that? Yesterday was our 1st VLCD and Ed is almost to his LIW...you go boy! I'll happily take my -2.8 release!

I was looking over the HCG Yahoo board yesterday and came upon an interesting discussion about exercise. Ed and I have walked an average of 3-5 days a week (45-60 min) both rounds because I thought the more cals we burn would help our weight loss. I think I need to re-evaluate that decision this round! Maybe that’s why I was hungry last round-can you believe I’m questioning that NOW? I didn’t really even think about it! I was just being a “good girl” doing what I have been taught, which is exercise to lose weight. Hmm, interesting!

Okay so I have a question…I couldn’t wait to ask this! So I have never “heard” the name Simeons and don’t know how to pronounce it! Is it Sime-ons? Sim-e-ons? I keep saying it different every time! What do ya’ll say?

Yesterday’s Menu:
Breakfast: nothing
Lunch:
Jennifer-3 oz. ground Bison burger (seasoned w/ s&p, garlic powder & powdered stevia)
1 small tomato w/ s&p
Ed- High protein Slim Fast (he was out all day and I thought we’d test this). Guess it worked just fine!
Dinner:
Ginger Salad (3.5 oz grilled chicken atop lettuce and chopped apple with Biz’ ginger dressing) this is a staple item for us!

2 c. tea w/liquid stevia & 3 L. water (Ed is really bad about drinking water-I have to remind him all day long and if we're lucky he drinks "maybe" 1 L. he has been this way from the start.)

Today is shopping day and Alaskan King Crab is definitely on the list!
Happy day to you all...

5 comments:

applebottomblues said...

hmmm... I've been pronouncing it Sim-ee-ons, but I have no idea if that's right. I also never heard of that word before.

Everytime I lose weight with my husband, the same thing happens! And with the Slim-Fast?! You're both doing fantastic this round.

Crystal Lee said...

Yea ya'll are right....I pronunce it Sim-E-ons.
So how was that Bison burger? I have never tried buffalo/bison meat but I heard it is alot better for you because it is so lean. I might need to try it sometime. :)

I did get your message yesterday hon and you rock! Thanks! I will keep in touch. Right now the team is trying to pull funds together and find a good "spot" to place the sign. I am looking at local tax lien lots to see if I can find something close to the interstate/highway that will meet city code. (this is the hardest part i think) :D

Any advice would be appreciated! I can not wait to start the advertising part of the company! :) How fun. I have a degree in graphic design so I LOVE ads.

Congrats to both of you on the loss. {{HUGS}}

Crystal

maryg911 said...

Wow, I can wait till I arrive at your LIW!! Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you like the layout. I tried walking during my first round thinking that I would lose more weight but it only wore me out by the end of the day. The HCG did give me a lot of energy though so I would get up at 6am and go go go till midnight! I kinda felt like the energizer bunny, ha! I walked a few times on the treadmill at work during my first P3 but no more after that. Best of luck to both of you and I'm glad to see someone else in Texas on this protocol!!

Renee said...

And you're off! YAY!

I have to say, not exercising is a challenge for me as well. I'm a cyclist and not being able to hit the road or dirt during P2 is a bit frustrating. So I'll sneak in short rides when I can that seem to have no effect. But anything more and I never lose as well. At least everything is covered in snow right now so I can use that as an excuse. :)

Becca said...

I've been saying it Sim-ee-ons too. Sounds like we're all on the same page.
I'm debating the exercise thing too. I want to be more active but had a little trouble last round when I over-exerted. I have a hike with friends planned for next weekend and think I'm going to do it but up my protein and take an extra apple or orange to eat on the hike. I'm thinking that maybe the trick is to add a few cals when you know you're going to need 'em.