Sunday, January 27, 2008

VLCD #11- Dhope!

R3P2D11
Jennifer:
Yesterday: 128.8
Today: 128.8
Release: 0.0
R3 Release: 13.2

Ed:
Yesterday: 238.4
Today: 236.8
Release: 1.6 (and very excited because he's on the last hole on his belt)
R3 Release: 10.0

Yesterday’s Menu:
B: protein shake
L: 1/2 can of organic albacore (in water) w/organic low sodium pickle
D: bison steak w/lettuce, 1/2 apple and ginger dressing
2 L water, 1 c tea

Well dang it! I'm blaming this one on EweWho! ;) I've seen how a few people have eaten tuna and still lost so I decided to "test the theory" yesterday! Dhope! Looks like it didn't work for me, but Ed had a good loss (go figure)! Here's yesterday's nutritional breakdown:
cals: 400
protein: 68
carbs: 18
sodium: 927 (there's the problem!)

Here's what Dr. S says:
"This can be illustrated by mentioning the case of salt. In order to hold one teaspoonful of salt the body requires one liter of water, as it cannot accommodate salt in any higher concentration. Thus, if a person eats one teaspoonful of salt his weight will go up by more than two pounds as soon as this salt is absorbed from his intestine."

Now if 1 tsp. of salt contains about 2000 mg we had the equivalent of nearly 1/2 tsp of salt which would make us retain 1/2 L water which is 1 lb. of water! Okay, I just made myself feel better-I'll drink tons of water today, NO protein shake and NO tuna (oh it was so good with the pickle though)! I haven't eaten pickles ever on P2 and it's probably not a good idea. So what does this all mean? I do better when I drink alcohol than when I eat sodium so that's the trick for me! LOL

Ready for a good joke?
In heaven God asked for all the men and all the women to form 2 lines-one line was for all the people who have women as the head of their household and the second was for the people who had men as the head of their household. The line with women as head of the household was a mile long and the one with the men as head of the household hand only 1 man standing there! God walked over to the man in that line and was shocked, then said "out of all the men who I have made leaders you are the only one in this line, I make you the example, what words of wisdom can you share with all of us?" The man looked around a bit confused and said "I don't know, my wife told me to stand here!"

Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Oh, salt is killer all the time! Did you know that a gallon of water weighs 8 lbs? Just FYI!

Girl? JPS eats white tuna a lot and has great results, you don't think it was just time for your body to play catchup??? Seriously, don't automatically assume it's the tuna.

HA! Love the joke!

maryg911 said...

Hey Jen, that was too funny!!
Don't sweat it dear, you've quite a bit this last week, let the inches catch up, K? Take care.

I had a brain fart yesterday so now that I reread your comment, I get it!! Duh!! I'll have to wait on that boy toy till I lose a little more weight, then I'll become a sex addict, Haaa!

Becca said...

Hey I just finally got a chance to catch up on some blogs and saw your pics and I'm just sooo jealous. You look wonderful! That's a body that's just begging to wear a bikini. WOO HOO! And I cracked up at your joke but even more at the visual of your DAD wearing a speedo! That is too hilarious. And by his example, Ed is SURE to never follow! LOL!
But now that I think about it, if a guy his age has the balls and the body to wear one, then more power to him!

Anonymous said...

Tuna? Really??? OMG, THAT would rock! I've heard of people being able to eat low sodium pickles on P2, tho I haven't tried it.

Wendy said...

hmmm pickles... sounds so yummy!!

Great joke!!

Way to go Ed!! You're finally catching up! hehe

beachbrights said...

I am just now getting caught back up on your blog. LOVE the pictures and you look totally ready for that bikini! I am so jealous...

I agree with Biz, don't assume it is the tuna! Try it again in a couple of days.

Great Job-
CB