Tuesday, February 12, 2008

VLCD #23- No excuses!

R3P2D23
Jennifer:
Yesterday: 129.4
Today: 127.8
Release: 1.6
R3 Release: 14.2

Ed:
Yesterday: 236.0
Today: 232.6
Release: 3.4
R3 Release: 14.2

Yesterday’s Menu:
B: tea w/stevia
L: eggs (1 whole egg & 2 egg white) w/SF ketchup
D: chili (5 oz beef, tomatoes, spices)
4 L water, 3 c. tea w/stevia

We are happy to see the losses! I hope it doesn't take us all week to catch up to where we were before our weekend "Edventure!" I know we did the right thing and if it sets us back a few days so be it!!!

I'm feeling a bit frustrated this morning! I got an email from Ed's Mom (who had previously expressed interest in doing the protocol) saying that there is "no way" she can afford any extra expense to lose weight. We want nothing more than to help our loved ones lose weight and be healthy!

So, I don't know what my lesson is! I am so excited about this protocol and see it helping so many people but yet nobody (in the outside world) has taken us serious when we say we can help them lose weight! Even this weekend Ed's sister looked at me and said "you have just inspired me....I'm going back to the gym on Monday!" I'm so passionate about this and I feel mute in a world full of obese people who don't care enough to change their lives! It makes me sad for them. Weight loss is not about being in a size 6, it's about becoming the best you and because you are investing so much into your life and body you will reap many, many physical and emotional benefits as we all know!

Once again, I'm grateful to associate with all of you, WINNERS who don't make excuses!

Today I have to give another group shout out! THANKS for the comments, ya'll are the best! I've learned if we ever need a boost I just log on and get connected to my peeps!

Have a great day friends!

7 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Jenn, how appropriate was Dawn's post huh? How time sensitive it was! Geesh, it really hits home when people we know and love can't accept the truth for what it is.

You know how I feel, ugh.

beachbrights said...

My mother-in-law acted all excited and I thought she understood everything I had told her etc. etc. I even sent her KT book, Dr. S's manuscript and made her a list of blogs to read. Well, she called me the other day and said that she was going to stick to the South Beach Diet and if that did not work she would read the manuscript and consider the protocol!! I'm thinking, "What???". This women has tried every weightloss prescription, medifast, weight watchers, Jenny Craig, Atkins...Blah, Blah. She is probably 100 pounds over weight, has terrible joint pain and she is going to stick to the South Beach Diet??

What made me so open to this protocol and someone else so closed?

I had NOBODY to help me when I first started looking into this protocol. I did not have a clinic within 500 miles and the closest person I could find was in Memphis (Tngal80). I took a TOTAL LEAP OF FAITH. I was terrified to order prescrips over the internet and even more scared to mix and inject. BUT I DID IT! I would have given anything for someone to have helped me and here I am offering to give TOTAL ASSISTANCE.

Ok, I am taking up WAY TO MUCH space on your blog! Sorry to blog on your blog, Ha! I guess I take this way too personally. I'll relax now, Ha!!!

Love you both-

Becca said...

Hey, I hear you both about people not listening or taking us seriously. But it has to be their wholehearted commitment and if not, it's better they don't even get started. someday they will find that they truly have tried everything else and will come back to your success...
Okay, now on to the RAVES about how GREAT you and Ed look, Jennifer! You are such a fox in your peekaboo tummy top and that WAY stylish haircut. You are just the most sophisticated cute little thing I've ever seen! Thanks so much for posting the pics. You have inspired me. Now I gotta get some pics taken to show you guys too! Ski pants pics are coming soon!

Becca said...

Hey Jennifer, if you get a chance send me an email at beccabettsaz@hotmail.com.
Since you love Park City so much, I just thought I'd throw out this idea... The condo we're staying in still has some room left and actually the last part of the week, it will be empty, so if you're interested in taking a little teeny ski trip in a week or so... It could be fun!
The dates are Feb 22 through the 28th. We are going home on the 26th though.

EweWho said...

LOL at the Edventure. It's fun to get to blame him, huh?

You are doing good, girl. Keep up the good work.

Sadly, not every wants to try something unknown. If she has had any kind of success in the past with South Beach, it would make sense to her to try it again. It is only the truly desperate that will give something like hCG a try and she just hasn't gotten there yet.

Don't feel frustrated. You can't help those who don't want your help.

Liz said...

Hi Ed! Hi Jennifer!

I think Ed is right.... If she doesn't have some sort of stake in it, she probably won't take it seriously. And... no matter what, it ultimately HAS to be the unwavering decision of the person in order for change to come. It IS frustrating though, when you are open and willing to help...Just a though that entered my mind right now...That must be the way GOD feels when people refuse HIS help too! :)

You and ED look great! Keep up the terrific work!
Liz

smacmo said...

Jenn, I can sooo relate! i have some friends that are "thinking" about it..or might use it to "jumpstart" their loss. Excuse me? You wouldn't want to lose this easily ALL the time????? But I am excited that I have one friend that has started the protocol. Yea for her! You know, now every time I see a really obese person, the first thought that goes through my head is..."you ought to try what I'm doing" but then they would think that I am a freakazoid! LOL